10. Value Chain and Local Economy
10.1 Record Keeping
Checklist of records related to this section
1. HACCP-based risk assessment for raw materials entering Unilever or suppliers’ factories. Including how this links into a traceability system.
2. Quality specifications for farmers to achieve.
3. Yield per unit area.
4. Simple book-keeping, basic gross margin per crop.
5. Training records for QA and HACCP procedures.
6. Market information for crops grown.
Records can be kept in either paper or electronic form. If kept electronically, suitable back up of data should be arranged. Depending on the country you are operating in, some information may be required under law. This must be checked and abided by if relevant. Records should be kept for a minimum of 2 years and must be accessible if requested.
Whoever organises training events should be responsible for keeping training records. This will usually be the Unilever supplier.